Which key events have been driving markets? Watch this video of Senior Economist Bob Cunneen in discussion with Portfolio Specialist, Sinead Rafferty.
- Inflation continues to creep higher and is close to or at 2% in major developed markets, although core measures of inflation remain below target.
- Despite slower-than-expected March-quarter growth in the US, there are signs of a stronger June quarter, including improved consumer spending and business investment.
- Tariff threats between the US, China and Europe are yet to be resolved and risk escalating into a trade war that could damage global trade.
- In Italy, the political impasse was finally broken, with a coalition government formed between the two popular right parties, Lega Nord and the Five Star Movement.
- Japan’s economy contracted in the March quarter, bringing into question the efficacy of the Bank of Japan’s quantitative easing measures.
If you have any questions regarding the market update or this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact us on (02) 9542 2904.
Click here to download the ThreeSixty Research Market Update – June 2018.